23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years!
Hi! Welcome back! It's been a long, long road, with a lot of twists and turns and bumps and crazy roller coasters but, God doesn't do anything for nothing. I believe I've been through everything for a reason. You may never know what those reasons are, and that's okay. Just do what makes you happy, find your peace and fall in love with everything in life!!
1. STOP trying so hard. You absolutely do not need too. You do not owe anybody anything. Be light, do things lightly. If you are being your authentic self, you won't have to try hard. It'll come natural. I promise.
2. When it comes to ending things, breakups, friendships, whatever it may be, you are human. Do not be down on yourself for feeling low or having feelings about a situation ending. It's life, it happens every single day. You are allowed to feel all the emotions, but be strong enough to move on, and keep living life, happiness comes from within. You will be more than okay.
3. Pull your walls down!!! You can not experience life to it's fullest if you are guarding yourself 24/7. Take some risks, say yes to something you really want to do. It'll be worth it.
4. Remember, you do not know everything about a person's life. Everyone is fighting their own battles. Try not to jump to conclusions. Be sensitive.
5. Stop texting all the damn time!! Pick up your phone and call, or facetime! You get better interactions and responses from people when you can actually see them and hear their voice. It's better for the soul.
6. "Peace comes from accepting the apology you never received." Read it, learn it, accept it. Forgive and forget. It's as simple as that.
7. Pick your battles.
8. You have to work for what you want. Make things happen. Make goals and strive to reach them. Doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you get there!
9. Different doesn't mean better or worse. It just means different.
10. There is always more to learn. You will never know everything, and you are never done growing.
11. Stand up for yourself. The way you let others treat you, reflects how you view yourself. Don't let people treat you like garbage. Just don't.
12. Friends come and go. The ones who really love you and support you will stick by you. You know who your real friends are.
13. Smile, say thank you, use your manners! Be pleasant. Do something nice for someone else, it'll make you feel good.
14. Check in on the people who are important to you. Don't take people for granted.
15. Love. Love hard. Love deeply. Experience it, even if it doesn't work out. Love is beautiful and It's amazing to love and be loved in return. There's a lot of love in life, take it all in.
16. STOP STRESSING THE FUTURE. FOCUS ON THE NOW.
17. Dress how you want to dress. Be who you want to be. Do what you want to do. Love who you want to love. Be human. Be happy. Don't waste time living for others, or doing things you know you don't want to do. Don't do anything that won't bring you joy.
18. People will judge you. It's a cruel world. It is what it is. Take what people say with a grain of salt. Don't listen to the nonsense. Life is a lot more fun when you tone out the negative.
19. The best revenge is good living and success. Don't let other people get in the way of your dreams and your success. I thought all of my dreams and aspirations were too far out of reach, turns out, they are not.
20. Take care of your skin!!! That goes for women and men! Wash your face, go get a facial. Go buy that expensive cleanser. Exfoliate. I don't care how tired you are, take your makeup off at night. Clean your pillow cases. It is So important. Glowing skin is happy skin :)
21. My grandma will tell you.... Take your vitamins!! I am still learning this. Be healthy.
22. Go ahead, drink the coffee! You're going to drink it anyways, it's okay. If you need some coffee, drink it. I know I do. EVERY DAY!!!
23. Don't think you have to stick to one thing that makes you happy. Do a lot of things that make you happy. Try new things. Don't be scared of what people think. You can be and do whatever you put your mind too. :)
Thank you for reading! I love you guys, I appreciate all the support & love.
Xo, Abbey Nicole