Why I Started a Blog & Tips for Growing Your Following!
The number one question I get is why I started a blog? My number one question to myself is why didn't I start a blog sooner? You always think your absolute wildest dreams are way too far out of reach, but when you are willing to make them happen, they will happen. When they're meant to happen, they will happen. I've always been passionate and interested in style, beauty and skincare. I never thought other people would be interested in what I have to say, until I started my blog. The overwhelming outpour of messages and love and support was out of this world. It just motivates me more to keep trying harder and working harder. I've followed blogs and youtube videos of women doing the same as me, and I could see myself doing that, but It was never the right timing. One day I woke up, and remembered that God only brings the rain for the farmers who go out and prepare their field for the rain, not for those who didn't go out and prepare their field. The farmer who went out and prepared his field for rain, did that because he believed God would bring the rain. After I thought of that story from the movie "Facing The Giants" I was able to make my dreams, a reality. I wanted to make a difference and do something I love all at the same time. For anyone, who is interested in starting a blog, or making youtube videos or writing about what your passionate about, you should do it. You should stop thinking about what's stopping you, and think about all the reasons you should do it! It all is worth it in the end.
Here are some of my tips for growing your following and revamping your social media!!
1. One of the first things I did when I started was take Julie Solomon's Influencer 10 day class. It was all about making you instagram 10x better and how to grow as a blogger. Julie is a very popular businesswoman and blogger and you should definitely take her classes and follow her on social media! Her instagram name is Julssolomon !!
2. The second thing I did was "revamp" my Instagram. I went through and deleted unnecessary pictures and started posting more consistently. People seem to like to know what you're doing the more you post. I also use my insta story a lot to promote what I'm doing, which is very helpful!
3. HASHTAGS!! These are super important! This is how other people will see your stuff. The trick, they say is to use more than eleven hashtags. I try to use around Twenty-Five or Thirty. It's helped me tremendously.
4. When your feed becomes more pleasing to the eye and has similar color patterns more people are drawn to follow you. Also, when editing your pictures, try to use the same filter so your pictures match up.
5. Taking new pictures is very important. I try to take new pictures every weekend if possible so I have new ones to post for the next week.
6. Taking quality pictures is VERY important. You don't want to post anything blurry. Make sure the quality is good whether its the iPhone or an actual camera. I shoot a lot with my iPhone 8 Plus on portrait mode, and also my Canon Camera!
7. Don't be afraid to post and promote your stuff!! You can promote when you have a new post or a new blog post or you want to promote what you're doing. I use insta stories a lot to promote, I find more people look at those instead of my actual post because of the algorithm.
8. I don't mind the follow for follow thing sometimes, but I also only want to follow people that I want to follow. If I like what they're posting and if they're inspirational. I also will follow if they have an pleasingly aesthetic feed and good content. I love supporting other blogger babes, and will always follow them!! Choosing your target audience is also very important, who you want to see your posts.
9. Blogging can be a lot of work, but don't get too stressed about it. When you find yourself getting stressed, just walk away and take a break. It is totally worth it and can be a lot of fun, but don't let all the other stuff get in the way of what you're doing! Take it one day at a time!!
10. Be yourself. Don't try to be something you're not. People will want to follow you if they see you shining being your true self. When you truly love what you do, it'll show! :)
Thank you so much for reading, I hope my tips help you! If you have questions feel free to message me! Don't forget to subscribe if you're interested !! Happy Friday!